- What tools are available for advertising an online store?
- Contextual advertising
- Display ads
- YouTube Video Ads
- Google Shopping
- Targeted ads
- Price Aggregators
- SEO promotion
- What should be done before promoting an online store?
- Why is it better to order a comprehensive online store promotion service?
Tools for advertising an online store currently there are a huge number. These are contextual or display advertising, targeting and remarketing, price aggregators and SEO promotion, as well as video marketing.
But which of the above options is the most productive? How to properly prioritize the allocation of funds for each of them? We will answer these questions in this article.
What tools are available for advertising an online store?
At the very beginning, it is rational to focus on the least expensive and fastest-to-launch advertising channels and analyze their performance.
Important! Constant monitoring of the effectiveness of each channel is a must. Evaluation of productivity is carried out on the basis of data on attracted customers and the funds spent on it.
With this Google marketing tool, you can:
- Quickly attract leads to a newly appeared site or draw the attention of regular visitors to a current promotion;
- Get “warm” visitors who are interested in a specific topic or product.
Information! Search advertising allows you to get a “warm” audience, the request for the product of which has already been formed. But it should be remembered that it is impossible to guarantee a 100% hit even in paid search results.
At the request of a potential client, the system issues several ads and, if there are many, ranks them depending on several indicators. The best ones are shown at the top, the worst at the bottom, or not at all. The highest rating is given to ads that:
- Best fit the characteristics and needs of the user;
- They lead to a quality site;
- Have the highest cost per click in settings.
At the same time, to get into the TOP, there is no need to spend unimaginable funds and try to compete with the giants. It is necessary to approach the issue more rationally – use low-frequency speakers, adjust ads for your own characteristics: territorial, price, etc.
You should also improve the quality of the Internet resource. The system highlights sites with a clear interface, fast loading, regular updates and, other things being equal, ranks them higher.
All non-text formats of contextual ads are united by the category of display ads: static or animated banners that can include text or be shown without it, videos and other formats that are adjusted to a specific site.
Such ads are displayed on participating sites of the Google Display Network, are configured under behavioral factors of the audience and are targeted according to social and demographic criteria: territory, income, gender, occupation, interests, age. The audience of display advertising is “cold” visitors.
The tool is used by online stores to return customers who have already visited them. As such, remarketing is not contextual advertising, but its setting is carried out in the same systems.
The key point when launching such an advertisement is the formation of a list of users to whom it is intended, and for this it is required to track the visitors of the web resource. You can solve the problem using a specific tag.
Information! A special piece of code or “tag” marks each user with a unique tag and saves data about him in an account or analytics system. The same label is fixed in the cookies of the user’s browser, which makes it possible to subsequently identify the consumer and show ads intended specifically for him.
The type of advertising shown using the remarketing tool can be anything: from a banner on a participating site GCM to the ad block in the user’s feed in social networks.
After the audience is selected, ads are set up in the same way as for the usual search or ad network. The only difference is in limiting the list of target visitors.
YouTube Video Ads
YouTube is most commonly used by marketers to:
- Increase consumer loyalty to the brand. Such an advertising message does not contain a call to action or information about the sale of anything in particular. Instead, the video builds strong connections between the brand and something pleasant or beautiful in the minds of potential customers;
- Informing the audience about sales or promotions. The promotion of an online store is carried out using short, rich videos containing a message about the name of the store, product, cost or discount;
- Demonstrations of the product in action. It has its own characteristics – it is used only by unique manufacturers or sellers. Otherwise, competing companies also benefit from such video ads.
YouTube unit rates are generally low. But to achieve good performance, significant costs are required:
- For the production of a high-quality video;
- For a highly qualified specialist to set up ads – without him, you can easily select the entire campaign budget with non-targeted impressions;
- For a high repetition rate – showing ads 1-2 times for each user has no effect, the video must be remembered, and for this it must be repeated many times.
The Google Merchant Center ads format allows you to distinguish advertising from competitors by including the cost of the product and its image. Such an ad can be displayed in search, on YouTube, applications for mobile devices, in the display network.
In order for an online store to start working in this system, you must:
- Bring the site in line with the placement rules;
- Register the site in your Google Merchant account;
- Create a data feed (a file with product information) and submit it for moderation;
- In a pre-created Google Ads account, launch a “production” campaign.
Such advertising is launched mainly in social networks through a special account. The principle of its operation resembles the algorithm of the ads in the Display Network. At the same time, advertising is shown only in the selected network and has a slightly different format – a video or photo, accompanied by a short text.
Facebook and Instagram platforms are most in demand for placement of targeted advertising. Here you can limit the audience by several criteria: geographic location, marital status, device used, interests. It is also possible to specify gender and age.
But the most popular is the selection of consumers who have previously visited the website, or similar in behavioral characteristics. Such an audience is formed on the basis of a list for remarketing or a list of email addresses and phone numbers.
Important! Selling everyday goods at a standard cost with the help of such advertising is ineffective. Users at the time of visiting the social network are not motivated to make a purchase.
- Announcements about promotions and discounts;
- Dynamic remarketing – displaying those positions that the user was already interested in on the site;
- Ads for unique or low-cost products intended for a large audience;
- Indirect advertising – informational introductory texts about a product that do not directly encourage the user to buy it.
To use this type of advertising, you need to create an online store profile in product aggregators and catalogs. Many of these sites have a special interface for loading the product database from the store’s original information system while maintaining the structure, descriptions, photos and product parameters.
Information! In Ukraine, the most popular aggregators are ek.ua, hotline.ua, price.ua, sravni.ua.
The principle of operation in all aggregators is similar: registration, conclusion of an agreement, loading of the database of goods. A feature of working with price aggregators is their low efficiency in promoting exclusive products. They work better when selling products designed for mass demand.
High-quality search engine optimization helps to increase the ranking of a web resource in search engines.
Information! Statistics show that 9 out of 10 users who search for something on a query rarely explore the second page of Google. That is why being in the top ten for the main keywords is a priority for an online store.
The main stage of any SEO promotion is the formation of a semantic core.
Advice! The most productive way to promote an online store is based on attracting a lot of traffic using the maximum number of low-frequency phrases and words.
What should be done before promoting an online store?
To launch an advertising campaign, it is important to prepare correctly and not make the mistakes that so many marketers make so often. Follow the guidelines:
- Use analysis tools. Setting up e-commerce in Google analytics, as well as a bunch of call tracking, price blocks of advertising accounts and a CRM system, allow you to evaluate the effectiveness of channels. When ordering an online store promotion service, some try to save on the analytical part. True, this principle turns into an increase in costs – a rare business owner manages to estimate the productivity of different sources intuitively;
- Improve the usability of your web resource. It’s hard to argue with the fact that good traffic and high conversions increase sales. But even simple actions can increase not only the conversion, but also the average check. We advise the owners of a new online store to read articles on the relevant topics. This issue also includes the problem of reducing the number of carts abandoned by visitors;
- Conduct an analysis of the technical condition of the site. Make sure that the main tools and functions work: working with the basket, comparing positions, filtering goods and placing an order. Work on increasing the speed of loading the site – an important tool for influencing the conversion;
- Study your audience. It is necessary to have a minimum understanding of the gender, age and interests of consumers. For example, when selling expensive high-profile goods, one should not focus on discounts and affordability. The emphasis should be on exclusivity. And in the case when you know for sure that your client is an audience of 30+, you can save advertising money by excluding everyone who is younger from the target list.
Why is it better to order a comprehensive online store promotion service?
There are two strategies for attracting customers to an online store. The first is based on using the advertising budget for promotion in only one channel in order to maximize traffic. The second method involves the distribution of money between several directions, which allows you to get a synergy effect as a result – a significant increase in attendance.
Comprehensive promotion of an online store shows the best performance. The combination of effective sources individually for each type of activity. They should be carefully selected based on an analysis of the characteristics of the business.
Important! Relying on only one source is dangerous, because there are no perfect advertising channels.
For those whose web resources consist of branched catalogs with a large number of product items, it is better to order advertising for an online store based on a combination of several strategies. Each of them is focused not only on increasing traffic, but also has a targeted effect on a certain segment of consumers. There are, as a rule, three main segments:
- Know exactly what product they need, but haven’t chosen a brand yet;
- We decided on the choice of brand, but we compare prices of competing companies.
Each ad is designed for a specific product and a specific request, which attracts the target audience and increases conversion. At the same time, in order to achieve a significant increase in sales, you need to create hundreds of such advertisements.
The same approach is implemented when optimizing the site of an online store, when all efforts are directed to low-frequency speakers. A multiple increase in the efficiency of a web resource is achieved through the work of specialists from web companies that provide promotion services professionally and use several channels at once to advertise an online store.