Denmark is the southernmost of the three Scandinavian countries and is the most densely populated of them. The country is in the top 20 for all indicators used to evaluate the best countries for business, except for one.
Denmark especially stands out in the categories of freedom and low level of corruption, and the regulatory climate is one of the most transparent and efficient. In addition, Denmark is among the least corrupt countries in the world. In 2019, it was recognized as the least corrupt country in the world.
Contextual advertising in Denmark can be a very profitable investment, because in addition to the business benefits mentioned above, the standard of living in this country is quite high – according to the World Bank, GDP per capita in 2020 in Denmark was $61,063.
Peculiarities of setting up contextual advertising in Denmark
Before you start setting up Google Ads for Denmark, decide on your target audience. If most of your clients are located in the capital of the country, Copenhagen, you must take into account the pendulum migration during the day.
Some residents of Malmö (Sweden) go to work in Copenhagen every day and stay there throughout the day, and return home in the evening. Trying to reach this audience, show them geotargeted ads for the capital of Denmark only in the morning. A similar situation, but on a smaller scale, is also relevant in the south near the border with Germany.
The key point in setting up an advertising campaign is to use the strengths of all available Google Ads tools. Each of them is good for different groups of goods and services. Don’t forget to consider the cost of the item when choosing your bidding strategy. For the most marginal products, the advertising budget should be the highest.
Google contextual advertising price in Denmark
The cost of setting up Google Ads for Denmark depends on the selected service package, the list of advertising tools that are used, as well as the number of product categories used in advertising.
If your company already has a PPC specialist on its staff, we can conduct a paid online consultation on the specifics of the contextual advertising market in Denmark. Leave a request on the site to find out the cost and timing of the consultation.
The cost of a click in Google Ads for Denmark depends on the competition in the niche, the margin of the product. The final result is also affected by the correct setting of the advertising account, the selected targeting, the quality of the site, the completeness of information on the landing page.
The following is the actual cost per click for different niches in Denmark:
- washing machine repair – $1.41;
- ventilation cleaning – $2.76;
- Plumbing services – $2.25;
- beauty salons (manicure) – $1.08;
- carpet cleaning – $0.88;
- permanent makeup – $0.98;
- dentist – $1.68;
- sale of large household appliances (refrigerators) – $1.20;
- Korean cosmetics – $1.32;
- shelves for cats – $1.44;
- dog food – $1.32;
- fertilizer for flowers – $0.94.
You need to understand that the final average cost of a click is influenced by many factors, and it can be as low as half of the prices that you see above.
Knowing the average cost per click and the number of impressions per month for a particular category, you can independently calculate the main indicators of the media plan using our online contextual advertising calculator.
TOP 9 facts about online advertising market in Denmark
- There were 5.69 million internet users in Denmark as of January 2021.
- 4.85 million people actively use social networks in the same year.
- Total e-commerce revenue in 2020 was $4,477M.
- Two-thirds of Danes shop online every month, and only Norwegians spend more per capita among Scandinavian countries.
- PriceRunner is the leading price and product comparison site in Sweden, Denmark, France and Germany.
- Partner ads is the largest affiliate network in Denmark, operating since 2002. The number of partners registered there is already more than 2000.
- In 2021, the average spending on online shopping per inhabitant of the country was almost 3,000 euros, which is much higher than in other European countries.
- About 70% of Danes ordered goods online in 2021.
- The most popular search engine among Danes is Google. It accounts for 94.62% of all search traffic. Followed by Bing (3.28%), Yahoo! (1.16%), DuckDuckGo (0.61%), and Ecosia (0.14%) closes the top five search engines.