Setting up end-to-end analytics
End-to-end analytics is an assessment of the effectiveness of advertising spending in money (a method for analyzing and evaluating an advertising campaign in terms of the costs of its creation and the income that it is potentially able to bring).
The correct setting of end-to-end analytics allows you to understand how much profit the company will receive, whether it will incur any losses in the future period or start to aggressively increase its sales, what are the most effective and failed customer acquisition channels involved, due to which it becomes possible to optimize the investment in the advertising campaign.
How is end-to-end analytics different from goal setting in Google Analytics?
The main differences between setting up end-to-end analytics in Google Analytics from the standard setting of goals are:
- Identification of selling traffic channels – Google Analytics automatically assigns a transaction to the channel with which the user interacted last (for example, when he first visited the site from PPC, and then from search results, and only then made a purchase, the transaction will be recorded from the channel “Free search traffic”, which is not entirely correct);
- With the standard goal setting, only completed transactions are recorded – Google Analytics takes into account only the requests left on the site, and not the actual sale itself (for example, you launched a targeted ad on Facebook and shopping ads in Google search results – 100 requests were received for the first campaign, 50 for the second. At first glance, Facebook worked better, but in fact closed transactions in the first case were 10, and in the second – 40, which allows you to draw conclusions and spend the budget more efficiently);
- The ability to see the amount of expenses for each advertising channel – it may turn out that the channel that brings the largest number of sales is the most expensive and, as a result, unprofitable, and the channels that bring fewer transactions are the most profitable for the company, but marketers are with them work little and not so effectively. You can find out by setting end-to-end analytics. If you set only the goals themselves, you will see the number of requests from each channel without detailing the costs for it and without understanding whether the order was received and for what amount from this request.
Benefits of end-to-end analytics service for business
After collecting statistics in the Google Analytics system of all available sources of traffic to the site, the entrepreneur will be able to analyze the marketing strategy in more detail in order to increase its effectiveness. Setting up turnkey end-to-end analytics will allow you to:
- Organize competent partially automatic control of the AC (not to be confused with automated control without human intervention) – using the end-to-end analytics setup service, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments to the current rates for each individual channel, which as a result will reduce the share of costs and significantly increase profits;
- Segment the target audience – it will be useful to divide users into groups and establish individual interaction with each of them, which will allow you to perform up-selling, extend the customer life cycle and contact each group with an individual offer;
- Perform ROPO analysis – allows you to assess how much online activity affects traffic and sales in the company’s physical store;
- To conduct A/B tests of various advertising campaigns – it is necessary to identify the most effective sales channels and their subsequent development.
What are the steps involved in setting up end-to-end analytics?
After you have ordered end-to-end analytics setup, our work will consist of the following steps:
- The choice of control points – at each stage of user interaction with an advertising campaign, it makes sense to use various, the most relevant analytical indicators (CTR of ads, the number of clicks and pages viewed at the consumer acquisition stage, the cost and quantity of goods purchased at the purchase stage, return on investment when evaluating the effectiveness of the entire campaign), which allows you to optimize and significantly improve the effectiveness of the campaign as a whole;
- Integration with Google Analytics – all services used in the analysis process are collected into a single analytical system, UTM tags are configured to obtain accurate data for each marketing channel;
- Evaluation of indicators – at this stage, it is possible to draw conclusions about the effectiveness of user interaction with advertising channels based on data that comes from the call tracking system, analytical programs, UTM tags.
What does the turnkey end-to-end analytics setup include, and what is its price?
End-to-end analytics setup service includes:
- Introduction of end-to-end web analytics – allows you to track the most important KPI changes in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager;
- Estimating the effectiveness of offline advertising – makes it possible to evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of promotional codes, coupons, promotions offline by tracking phone calls via IP telephony;
- Setting Call tracking – allows you to transfer information about the source from which each caller came to the site (it is assigned a serial number, which enters the company’s analytics and CRM systems).
- Online interaction tools – tracking and fixing requests received from online chat, callback services on the site;
- CRM-system is a platform that allows you to streamline your business (record applications, maintain information on each client, income and advertising expenses of the company).
The price of setting up end-to-end analytics depends on the number of implemented tracking systems, the cost of the programmer’s work, and the complexity of the sales funnel. On average, the estimated cost will be from $300. As a rule, when setting up end-to-end web analytics, we recommend combining it with configuring Data Studio convenient reporting from Google.
Setting up end-to-end analytics allows you to determine the ROI (return on investment) of advertising. This tool allows you to track the entire path of the user from the first touch with the site to the completion of the order.
If only one advertising channel is used, Google Analytics is sufficient. If contextual advertising, display network, Facebook advertising is set up for the site, and organic traffic comes from search, then end-to-end analytics is indispensable. The main difference between end-to-end analytics is the ability to track the effectiveness of each advertising channel.
Analytics gives you access to all information about the number of orders on the site, the items that were ordered, their cost. Not only applications are recorded, but also real sales, calls and online chats. All data is displayed in the CRM system.
It depends on how the company’s business processes are streamlined, what CRM system it works with, whether Call Tracking is enabled, whether UTM tags are used for different traffic channels. Basically, the process takes 1-3 months.