Everyone who is currently reading this article is somehow connected with contextual advertising.
You create it, you analyze it, you live with it. But think about it: do you know her as well as you think?
Now we will reveal to you the secrets of contextual advertising that you did not know about.
- Google contextual advertising was born in 2000, but only in 2002 the system was transferred to the auction principle;
- What is the Average CTR of all Google AdWords ads? – 3.2%
- Google says 99% of the top 1000 advertisers use Display Networks and YouTube;
- Amazon alone spends $55-65 million a year on Google AdWords contextual advertising;
- The brilliant idea of paying for ad space in search results comes from former 18-year-old student Scott Banister. The idea itself was embodied a few years later by Bill Gross at Idea Lab;
- Average CTR for a first position ad is 7.94%;
- One of the most expensive areas in AdWords is finance and insurance. CPC of some words exceeds $50;
- Google claims that ad campaigns that use the Conversion Optimizer increase conversion rates by 21% and reduce CPA by 14%;
- On average, you can earn $2 from every dollar invested in AdWords;
- Contextual advertising in Kyiv is on average 30% more expensive than in other cities of Ukraine. At the same time, Kyiv and the region represent almost 37% of the entire online advertising market;
These 10 facts are not the limit. After all, the world of contextual advertising is immense. Let’s study it together.